Tyler Smith talks about how to make great cross-platform games with HTML5
* Research and choose an HTML5 game engine (see bebraw’s excellent list at github) based on features you need, size, cost, and mobile compatibility. Beware of open source projects that aren’t being maintained or don’t have active user communities. Consider:
- Does it scale for screen resolutions?
- Does it support touch inputs?
- Does it pre-render?
* For mobile, you have to pre-render tile backgrounds, conserve Canvas drawing calls, and make small binaries for sounds and images.
* Be prepared for radically different screen rations (4:3 iPad, 7:4 some Android, 3:2 iPhone)